Pages

Friday, June 03, 2005

I know this is getting sporadic...

But I still haven't found a very good way to have internet(s) access. I did get the hotspot to work, but that's kind of useless when you a) have lunch plans or b) get sick and go home after being at work for two hours (yesterday). In retrospect, I think it might have been a light case of food poisoning because I simply don't get sick (*knocks on wood*). The past two weeks have been a roller-coaster because Tricia, my godparent's (who I live with) youngest daughter has been diagnosed with stage IV melanoma. That's why we spent so much time playing with Sam last week. The other set of grandparents were in town for most of last week and Valerie (the other daughter) has been here as well. And through it all, I'm still trying to figure out what I should be doing to help. And its hard to keep my own feelings in check because I've been through this before and I know how it can end.

The other news of the week, as many other bloggers have already noted, is the unmasking of Deep Throat. Now I know that many older people are observing that anyone under 30 doesn't care, but I really do! I wrote my senior paper in high school on comparative newspaper coverage of Watergate and I was pretty fascinated by the idea of Deep Throat. So, to have the story sort of leak out across the cybersphere was really disappointing. I don't know what I expected, probably some dramatic news conference by W & B announcing in somber tones (and maybe with fireworks) that Deep Throat had died and that he was....! I recognize that the guy is a hero, but I hate how meh the disclosure of this huge secret turned out to be in the end. Such a let down, especially because it turned out to be someone that I'd never heard of before.

0 comments: