Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Happy Race Day!!!!

w00t! It's Indy's biggest day of the year!

I've gotten some ham and green pepper so I can have the traditional ham and green pepper sandwich, just like we used to pack for my dad every year. It's his special day and will always be the day of the year that I think about him the most. Every running of the Indianapolis 500's like a memorial service to me.

And, yeah, I'm going to be a mess, especially when Jim Nabors sings and when they give the command to start engines. I was last year, just thinking about how I wouldn't be in Indy for the race this year. It's only the second time I haven't been at home, but I've got WIBC and the Speedway Radio Network, so it honestly won't be all that different than usual. Thank god for the internets.

Also awesome? That last night's Doctor Who episode was set (theoretically) in Muswell Hill! :-)

1 comments:

Carol Michel said... Reply to comment

From one Hoosier to another, nothing like Race Day!