Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Resolution Run 5k


Fairly recently, my roommate asked me if I'd promise to stay with her if she signed up for a 5k. So, that's how we ended up mostly walking a 5k on a beautiful day around Magnuson Park. Seriously, I was soaking up the Vitamin D. We did opt for the "dry" version that didn't involve us leaping into the lake at the end. So, now roommate is talking about doing a 5k every month and starting to hit the couch to 5k plan pretty hard. Hurrah for starting the year off right with the most beautiful sparkly polar bear long sleeve t-shirt! I'm also glad I didn't get to race this - my legs were SO tired after yesterday's 11 mile run. (Also, how CUTE is my new Skirt Sports jacket? Boom for deal sites!)

Funny story about that 11 miler. I was into my last mile and on my second lap around Green Lake when I realized I was running behind two women with a very fat bulldog. I also realized that my slow/easy run pace was the same as the bulldog's. I had to speed up, for my fastest mile of the long run, because I was NOT going to be shown up by a fat bulldog.

0 comments: