Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wheeee! Two days of skating in a row! In fairness, it's about an hour on the bus each way and I don't know that I'd be doing it if I weren't a total bum, but I'm not complaining. I also love that the public "session" on weekdays is from 11am to 3:30pm. I am not insane enough to go for that entire length (also, I have little desire to KILL my feet as they are getting reused to my skates), but still! On Monday I had the rink to myself for awhile and a couple showed up later. Yesterday, there was just one other skater. She had gorgeous posture and extension.

Right, so I'm using the dance diagrams that my old coach gave me before I left to relearn the dances. They're coming back fairly quickly, although there are some sloppy control issues where I don't have the control that I once did. I suspect that'll come. Plus, it's not as though I haven't been exercizing at all; the running just seems to work different muscles! Like, not my quads. Am also back on MIF, but I can't seem to find any patterns online. Le sigh.

Sorry for the boring post about skating stuff. In other news, there were Nazis on tv! Ok, so it was a docudrama on Nuremburg, so you can be sure that I was watching! Hurrah!

0 comments: