Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

London, Year One

Gosh. I was getting my passport ready to mail to the Niger Embassy and realized that today marks the one-year anniversary of my arrival in the UK. Which means that as of yesterday it had been a year since I left the States and last saw my godparents. Wow. It's all sort of weird. I do miss that sense of wild-eyed enthusiasm that I had for everything when I first got here, comparing the things that were different, were improvements or were the same. I have to say that every day is not as full of excitement as it was a year ago, but I guess that's normal. It means that I have to try harder to find new things in London that are new, interesting, different. They're still there. Because getting tired of London is the one thing that I firmly resolve never to do. 'Cause, you know, that means that you're tired of life!

0 comments: