Pages

Monday, September 19, 2005

I'm enroute...

...And waiting for my plane to board in Newark. They've got wireless if you want to pay for it here and $7 didn't seem like too high a price to pay. I can't say that this journey has been a bad one so far, but I'm going to do my best to sleep on the flight overseas. After the past few days, I'm pretty sure I'm on 1/4 of a tank. At least that wasn't because I was stressed out about the stuff I didn't get done. Thank god for planning ahead.

I sold Morris (the car) on Saturday, which was sad, but not nearly as upsetting as I thought it would be. When the Blacks first suggested it last spring I bawled. Morris was such a special car...my dad picked him out for me while I was in London the first time and gave him to me when I got back (at which I started crying because my clunker was gone). So, Morris was just really special. But we took pictures of him and he got a good price. But still, getting the bag with his license plate in it was just a little too much like going to the hospital and leaving with a bag of clothes.

I went to Earlham last week as well and it was wonderful to see the Model UN kids. I still don't miss Earlham, per se, which probably means that I was ready to graduate. Don't misinterpret that: I miss the people horribly! And there were concerts: this was the weekend of Indy Irish Fest and I went with Duchess for Gaelic Storm on Friday night. Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Whiskey in the JAR! Then, we rented a car and went to Columbus for the Prodigals on Saturday (hence, the no sleeping). What a wonderful way to sort of sum up and tie up the summer's end. :-) I'll see them in Dublin for New Year's next. Sweet!

I'm not going to lie, there was definitely some crying over the past few days. There's the really awful truth that I'm leaving Indianapolis without any real intention to make it my home ever again. And that's not because I don't love the city, but because I can't do what I want to do there. Some people would probably think that I'm not tied to the place because I don't have any family there, but you start realizing just how many little roots you have when you pull them up. I've lived in Indianapolis for my entire life, other than college, and I'll probably start crying when I think about leaving again. I'm not sad to be leaving the country, but I'm incredibly upset about leaving Indiana(polis).

Ooops, time to board. I'll probably be depressing a bit more when I get to LONDON! (And maybe have wacky transit stories, although no promises.)

0 comments: