Pages

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Whelp, they can't all be winners...

Let me take a moment to whine/whinge about tonight's run - a 10 miler, with 8 miles at marathon goal pace. There wasn't a whole lot about it that went well. My right quad is giving me trouble and it was like running with a limp until things got warmed up. My legs felt like they had lead weights attached to them for the first few miles and never felt super fresh. It was pouring rain (I KNOW I live in Seattle, but there's a huge difference between real rain and our usual mist. That's two weeks in a row where it was relatively dry all week except for the night of my stupid long tempo). The rail yard that I run through clearly had a train full of trash or compost sitting there and it smelled terrible. I saw another runner get hit by a douchy cyclist who didn't yell or ring a bell to warn him that he was planning to pass (they were both a bit shaken, but ok). It was cold. My tummy felt off and a bit barfy at times. BLEEEEEEEEEGH.

On the plus side, I finished the damn run on pace and saw some of the first spring daffodils. So, that's something.

I hope tomorrow's run is better. And I really need to work on my attitude regarding these long mid-week tempos. I think they max out at 14 miles, so I still have a ways to go. Sigh.

0 comments: