Pages

Monday, January 01, 2007

Life in These United States

Still alive! Still alive!

My (few) notes on being in the States:

1) Bathtubs are much easier to get in and out of. And I am a bit disturbed by the shallowness of the toilets. You can see stuff. Ew.

2) Even the thin ones would be 10 pounds lighter if they lived in Europe.

3) Why the salads? We just eat vegetables in the UK. I don't think it's about healthier eating. I think it's about having more food that you can pretend is healthier (wheeee! salad dressing! um, ok.). Because more food is a good thing. Obviously.

4) They really are friendlier. Or at least more cheerful and forced about it, sometimes. I've never found anyone in the UK to be unfriendly. You just have to approach them first, rather than having it shoved in your face. I'm a bit surprised when people make random comments at me.

5) And yeah. The variety in the shops is overwhelming. OMG, CVS Coma. CHUNKY SOUP COMA!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

awesome to have you back. call me, we 'll get together. :)