Pages

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Week One


I have a lot to write about right now, including recaps from the Disneyland/Dumbo Double Dare Expo/10K/Half and the Lake Chelan Half and two much more serious posts on Syria and political heroes. I'm hoping I can get to at least one of those tonight. They're just draining topics, ya know?

In the mean time, I will use this very short post to mark the end of the first week of half marathon training. I mean, I know exactly which half marathon I'm hypothetically training for, but I haven't actually signed up for it yet. In large part, that's because my life is in such turmoil right now. I think I'll feel comfortable registering as soon as I get a start date for my new job and feel like I can begin planning my life after the next two weeks. I hate the feeling of being on hold.

ANYWAY, this week's training (plus a cheat from last weekend):

Saturday: Disneyland 10K. A PW by almost 10 minutes!
Sunday: Disneyland Half. A PW by 5 minutes!

Monday: Session with my trainer. My arms got killed.
Tuesday: #hitreset with Jasyoga. Amen.
Wednesday: 3 easy miles
Thursday: Another session with my trainer (we're trying to fit in our remaining sessions before the move).
Friday: HOLY CRAP REST DAY (mostly because we were driving to Chelan).
Saturday: Lake Chelan Half Marathon. I pushed HARD. It felt AMAZING. My friends are great. (more later)
Sunday: Cowbelled the heck out of the Women of Wonder 5/10K. I might run later. I might not. I had to go beg bandaids from the first aid tent for my cowbell injuries.

0 comments: