Pages

Monday, April 23, 2007

My marathon injury

One of the Boy's friends was telling me about her dad's marathon
injury, sustained while jogging ten feet across the living room to
watch the London Marathon on tv, and now commented upon annually on
its anniversary.

I too, think I may have sustained a marathon injury: a bruised or,
perhaps, strained muscle in my right forearm from clapping almost
continuously and vigorously for three and a half hours straight. Oops.

Still, the marathon IS my favourite annual London event. The weather
was much nicer (for the spectators) this year, but the costumes
weren't as good. Still, the atmosphere rocks and I especially love
yelling for the stragglers at the end (which is clearly where I would
be). Wooo! I'll miss you next year, Marathon!

0 comments: