Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

NYC Week Two

w00t! Week two of training is finished and, I'm pleased to report, that things are still on track. I swapped around the Wednesday 5M and the Thursday 3M again, based on when the weather was less sucky. Yes, "less sucky" meant that I did my 5M in the dark & pouring down rain, with the threat of thunderstorms, but that's waaaaaaay better than humidity in my book. But, hey, I was well-hardened by my years in Seattle.
My long run yesterday was ROUGH. It was so hot and sunny, but, thankfully, not humid. I had to talk myself out of stopping so many times and finishing later or on Sunday, so I feel like getting through this was a big accomplishment. Thank goodness for the nice man who was out watering his lawn and hosed me down at 3.5 and the water fountain at 7, so I could get the sickly sweet taste out of my mouth. Why are all of the sports drinks & chews so sweet? I have the world's biggest sweet tooth, but there's a limit to how much sweet I can eat or drink on a run. I was very successful at planning my route to end at farmer's market and best iced coffee in town. But, then, I had to keep sitting down and resting to walk the four blocks home. Note to self: no more sleeping in on Saturdays until the weather gets cooler. No more long runs that start at 10am, because it is too darn hot.

The other thing I did this week was add in an arm workout at my new favorite group fitness studio. I'll keep doing those for the next two weeks, until the move. I certainly don't think this had any negative effects on the training. And, hey, stronger arms are a good thing.

I was pleased that I got some work done this weekend on the packing and laundry. I have four or five bags already earmarked for donating, as well. Is there still a long way to go? Absolutely, but I'm glad that I haven't left everything until the last minute. And I was able to have a mover come by to get an estimate.

0 comments: