Pages

Thursday, December 07, 2006

You know how Studio 60 kind of sucks and I can't figure out why I'm still watching it? (Other than some really weird belief that it can't be as bad as I think it is and that it's going to get better when it stops being about Sorkin.) Anyway, I would like the executives at NBS that I would TOTALLY watch Nations, the ficticious show about the UN whose pick-up is the ongoing example of why the new network president is kinda dumb. I can see why it's not likely to be a commercial blockbuster, but I keep wishing it were going to be real! Might even be up there with that Sally Field show about the Supreme Court that I loved and no one else in the country understoood. My life is hard.

Speaking of interesting tv, 30 Days was on last night, it's a series about various Americans who go and do something different for 30 days and originally on Fox, I think. Last night an IT guy whose job was outsourced to India went to Bangalore to live with a family who have outsourced jobs and work in one of those jobs himself. It was really interesting and I was sort of shocked at how well he came off from it and his really balanced observations about the ways that outsourcing is affecting Indians and Indian society. A little heavy on the cheesey jokes and cartoon graphics, but I'll let that pass.

Went to an amazing Outside Royalty show last Saturday, which I think should be noted. Kat's band (minus Kat, my friend from high school) has gotten more and more awesome as they've gotten used to London and Saturday was especially great because the room was really loud and crowded. It felt a whole lot less like the 7pm, Monday night gigs that they started with! I really hope this works out for them!

0 comments: